Re: Milano 2.5 engine into 79 Alfetta

If I were taking on this project, I'd not only scarf the transaxle from the Milano, I'd pull the whole deDion tube; likewise, I'd snag the front suspension/rotors as well.  Essentially, you'd snag the whole drivetrain from the Milano.

For the instrumentation, you might as well pull the Milano gauges (tach/speedo) and modify them to fit in the Alfetta gauge housings.  Of course, the shift linkages are different, too - which poses a bit of an issue, as the Milano version is much better than the Alfetta, but I suspect the difference in wheelbase (and other issues) may preclude using the Milano linkage.

Make no mistake, this is going to be quite a project - in the end, you'll end up with a car that in spirit will be a GTV6, but won't handle nearly as well.   IIRC, the GTV6 got quite a bit of chassis stiffening to accept the V6 engine.

Good luck - it sounds like just the kind of project I'd tackle if I still had a decent garage space...

- Paul Witek
(CBA - Currently Between Alfas)