Totally unrelated fuel hose question

Okay, so my '87 Spider bit the dust on possibly the nicest top down Alfa
driving day so far this year - figures. I towed it home and determined
the fuel pump was toast - no biggie. Good news - the local import parts
place has a replacement in stock, and once I got it installed the beast
fired right up. Bad news - the molded hose going from the fuel tank to
the pump split wide open and is leaking like crazy. This is the piece
that attaches to the inlet of the fuel pump on one end and the plastic
line coming down from the gas tank on the other. Are these available
somewhere, or can I simply fabricate something from a length of
similar-sized fuel line and a couple of "u" shaped fittings? The piece
in question is about 8" long and doubles back on itself at each end.

Thanks in advance,
Jason Arrington
'87 Spider Quad
Springville, UT