re: spider trunk carpeting

Russ;
The trunk covering in mine is a grey short knap carpet with a black vinyl
backing. It is shaped to fit the entire floor including the "shelf". It has
a fold line molded into the vinyl backing where the carpet is intended to
bend over the  90 degree edge of the "shelf". I have no doubt that it its
original.

Hugh,
'74 Spider,
Medicine Hat,
Alberta

>Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:18:35 -0800 (PST)
>From: Russ Tine <rtalfa@domain.elided>
>Subject: spider trunk carpeting

>I am starting to work on the interior of my 75 spider, and I am not sure
if the trunk was carpeted, or had the .
>rubber mat like the rest of the car. What was in the trunk when I got the
car was a hand cut piece of carpet >covering the majority of the trunk, and
a small piece of material on the upper area near the jack that looked