Re: Garage Lighting

The esteemed Black Bart sayeth:

>If you are going to use your garage as a museum or
>paint shop, you probably want to install lighting that is closer to
>the color temperature of the sun; which I believe is 3400K (I know
>someone will correct me if I am wrong).

Acutally, the color temperature of daylight changes throughout the day (and the year), but midday summer temperatures are in the range of 5400-5700K, generally referred to as 5600K.   However, the color temperature of a clear blue sky can range from 8000K to 27000K.  A combination of midday summer sunlight and a clear blue sky is usually accepted to be around 5700K to 6500K.

'True Daylight' Color Match fluorescent tubes check in arount 6500K, making them a nice match for outdoor light.