Re: Garage lighting

Try the "daylight" flourescent for economy and lighting that is closer to
natural daylight.

----- Original Message -----
From: <ALFABART@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 3:50 PM
Subject: Garage lighting

> Greetings,
>
> Garage lighting is dependent on what you are going to use your garage for.
Fluorescent lighting, due to it's color temperature will affect the color of
paint to some degree. However, there are fluorescent tubes that are warmer
in color temperature. If you are going to use your garage as a museum or
paint shop, you probably want to install lighting that is closer to the
color temperature of the sun; which I believe is 3400K (I know someone will
correct me if I am wrong). Quartz lighting comes the closest at about 3200K.
The drawback is that you will need several fixtures on both sides of the
garage and that quartz lights generate a lot of heat. If your garage is
going to be used for general maintenance and repair, I would recommend
fluorescent fixtures. My workshop/garage, which accommodates 4 cars has 8
twin tube 8 foot fixtures, plus a single 8 footer over the workbench. This
gives me plenty of general lighting, and I only have to use auxiliary light
for working under the c!