[no subject]

At 10:29 PM +0000 2/25/03, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:39:55 -0800
From: "Eaton, Jason" <jeaton@domain.elided>
Subject: BMW Air Flow Meter - Open Filter Replacement

I have heard a rumor that you can get a Bosch air flow meter from a 325
series BMW and it's a direct replacement for the Milano air flow meter, with
one advantage, you can run an open element "cone" type filter from it,
unlike the stock air box and air flow meter.

Anybody confirm this and have more details as to the year and model of the
BMW we are talking about? Can you purchase these air flow meters new?

Thanks.
While the merits of the conical air filter are debatable, at best, I believe you can get such a setup from MSDS or IAP, without replacing your airflow meter.

If you do want to replace your airflow meter, get the big one from a 3.2L BMW, 3.5L BMW, or 4.2L Jag (same part). You'll also have to install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, but I'm told that the performance gains are pretty impressive, regardless of what filter you go with (although the stock filter would require modification to the airbox).

Speaking of which, my big airflow meter is sitting in a desk drawer because I don't have an adjustable regulator yet. Can anyone who has done this give me a part number(s) or something? I'm reluctant to just buy a generic on and count on being able to eliminate the stock regulator--I took it to Ohio Hydraulic in Cincinnati and asked for some fittings so I could replace it with a T-fitting, but I don't have a lot of faith in the stuff they sold me.

Joe Elliott <-- doesn't have any money
'82 GTV6 <-- doesn't go fast enough
'73 Opel <-- doesn't go