RE: Milano Mod's?

> I don't think that the 3.0 pistons and liners can be used in
> a 2.5. Anyone
> else know otherwise?

With some block machining, yes they can.  The result is a 2.8 motor.

> A long time ago I think someone (shankle?) offered a 'big
> bore' kit for the
> 2.5 which made it into something like a 2.7 if I remember
> correctly. Anyone
> know anything more about these?

See above..

> Are there any other piston choices available off the shelf
> for the 2.5s that
> offer a higher  compression ratio? I'm not aware of any P&L
> sets other than
> stock.

I'd consider the 2.8 option before going with higher compression.

> The thought of shaving the heads for the sole purpose of increasing
> compression does not really appeal to me that much.
>
> Emission requirements here are not too much of a concern, although the
> catalytic converter needs to be retained for a 'visual' inspection.

My ex-Verde had ported heads, ECU, coated headers (this is a *must* imo,
as it not only helps the performance but also cools the engine
compartment big time), and it went very well, significantly better than
a stock one.

It's easy enough to add the cams later, 164S cams are a good street cam
for a Milano.

The most significant effect will be to increase the displacement, either
by popping in a 3.0 or making the 2.8 mods.

bs