Thread repair

Hi All,

One of my cam cover bolt has a marginal thread hole. It gets tight, but
not tight enough. Is it ok, in this case, to go with the Permatex
thread repair mix? I would like to go with a heli coil fix, but 7mm X
1mm repair kit is not easy to find. Cheapest one I could find was about
$55+. I am inclined to spend the money on a tap and die set and go with
an 8mm bolt instead. Or use that permatex stuff...

Opinions?

Thanks.

Zamani
http://taxes.yahoo.com/