1750 Head Gasket R/R-- Looking for Tips

Hi,

The oily goo on the inside of the radiator cap tells me it's time to replace
the head gasket. Can anyone share their proven method? I have three different
workshop manuals (two Autobooks, one Alfa Romeo shop manual,
engine/clutch/gearbox) but it sure seems like they left out a lot of info.

Planning on doing this with engine in car.

Last head gasket R/R was approx. 60,000 miles ago by Grand Prix Motors in
Seattle.

1750, SPICA, stock except for MarelliPlex and pusher electric fan.

PS: Probably should not be asking about this already but I heard from a
reliable source that it's possible to change the pistons/rings/liners from
the top. Anybody done this sucessfully?

Thanks In Advance,

--Caxambu
1969 Spider Veloce 1750