Convertible Top Broken Body Stud Solution

I'll be replacing seven screws on the Spider I'm currently working on.
True, it is completely stripped (except for the suspension and
steering).

The two per side (right behind the doors) seem especially vulnerable and
can be reached from behind if the rear panels have been removed. Also,
if one is lucky, there are six holes (at least on a '79) in the trunk's
upper rear panel which one can slightly access the rear of the
round-headed 'bolts'.

My first attempt will be to trim off the stub of one with a Dremel, then
drill it slightly undersize and tap it. Not sure if I'll be able to
actually thread it on from the rear though. I might simply screw a bolt
on from the front, along with a small dollop of JB-Weld, then cut the
head off with said Dremel.

If both of those fail, I'll drill out bolts completely and slide in
fresh ones from the rear (at least for those I can access) along with a
fairly large dollop of JB-Weld - then hold in place with a nut until
dry.

I have used both sheet metal screws and the 'nut inserts'. True I used
aluminum ones on the latter, but they often pulled out when torqued down
fairly hard as sheet metal screws often do.

We shall soon see.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA