Convertible Top Broken Body Stud Solution

Scott,

The best solution to use are called "nut inserts" or "rivet-type studs".
Follow the link to my home page and you can see what the nut inserts look
like.  www.knology.net/ortak  Look under "1971 Alfa Spider Restoration" then
select "Body Work".  They insert like a Pop-Rivet.  The tool is only $22 and
the inserts are about $10 for 25 pieces.  There are a few methods you can
select from.  You can get aluminum inserts that you wouldn't need the
special tool for since you can draw them tight using a good quality nut and
bolt. The option I used were the steel inserts with stainless steel studs
but you need the tool for this method.  The last option is to get inserts
with the stud already in place, you also need the special tool for this
selection.  I purchased my nut inserts from http://www.mcmaster.com.  The
part number I used was 98560A561.

Good luck
John