Re: 74 GTV starter problem

Stefano Iachella asked:
> > Hey cats,
> > What is going on when the starter keeps cranking
> > when the key
> > is released? ...

Ian Lomax responded:
> it's contacts somewhere sticking together.  if it's in
> the starter circuit, you can bypass that part of it
> and install a push buttom switch under the dash...

Guys
there's a fix, and I have done it before (2-3 years ago), but need
corroboration from somebody else.  This was instructed to me by my Alfa
mechanic:
Locate the wire that comes form the Spica injection pump to the Starter.  If
I'm not wrong it is black and ends in a common terminal with a thicker wire.
Cut it at the starter end, place an eye terminal on that end, and bolt it to
the "other" terminal next to it on the starter.  That is all there's to it!
But please, somebody else can corroborate this before it becomes "official"?
I went to the car but can't see it without removing the airbox.
Hope it helps
Jorge Mazlumian
73 GTV