Re: milano shifter vibration

G Quinto wrote:
The shifter in my Milano Silver makes a
vibration/humming noise when I'm rolling along 2500rpm
to 3000 rpm, on 2nd gear, 4th gear and 5th gear....
http://alfa.denovich.org/twiki/bin/view/Alfa/ShiftLinkage

When I R&R'd mine last year it was in bad shape. The bushing had ofcourse frozen solid in it's bore. It was then subjected to wear from the bolt, which had also loosened up making it even worse.

My solution was to put the bushing in the lathe and bore it out to accept a new larger bolt. I suppose I could have sourced a new bushing and bolt, but that would have been too easy.

I have in an old email that Alfas Unlimited sells the full linkage rehab kit... It's about $100. http://world.std.com/~jeh/alfasun/

--Mark