Re: 74 GTV starter problem

it's contacts somewhere sticking together.  if it's in
the starter circuit, you can bypass that part of it
and install a push buttom switch under the dash.  this
is what my spider had when i bought it, until i found
a low mileage ignition switch as a replacement.

try that first, as it's much easier to install a push
buttom than replace the starter.

cheers,
ian lomax
71 spider