re: OK, so how do you get the oil filter changed?

"How do you folks with Milanos and Verdes change your oil filters?  Is
there a trick out there that makes it easier?"

Alex, there was a time when I had my Milano Gold I was driving it so
much I had to change the oil once a month as I was skiing 5-6 days a
week.  I always used a FACTORY oil filter (nice & compact & the same
price as the cheapies).  There was never an issue removing it with a
standard oil filter wrench.  I would put it on hand tight with a light
oil lube.  Obviously you want to wait until the exhaust manifold has
cooled down a bit.  I scorched the inside of my arm a few times when I
was in a hurry.  The Milano, GTV6, Spiders & Alfettas I've owned have
all been a piece of cake compared to the 164.  That is a hassle
somewhat.  Still, even that is not as bad as everyone makes it out to
be.

Cheers,

Zach

Redmond, WA