Alfa Romeo UK Service Standard-You'l Like This

One of the UK member of the 164 forum had his front suspension repaired by an
Alfa Main Dealer here in the UK. It was predictably quite expensive, but he
knew that before he went. There are issues outstanding with the quality of the
work done so he wrote to Alfa UK to air his grievance. Below is an extract
from the letter Alfa UK wrote back. All you customer service trainers out
there..read and enjoy!

<We are also most concerned to learn of your experience with Bryan Brothers in
Brislington and are sure you will appreciate that the standard of service
provided by our dealers is of great importance to us. It is a matter of great
concern if you feel that the appropriate standard has not been attained.
As your vehicle is more than a year old there is clearly no Manufacturer's
Warranty left to run on it.

Although we always recommend that our customers use an authorised dealership
for all repairs and servicing, you have no warranty on the vehicle to
invalidate if you use an unauthorised dealership for your repairs or
servicing. Subsequently, the garage you use for repairs is therefore a matter
of your own choice."

Saying "Go and jump in the Lake" would have saved a lot of valuable resources
I suppose.

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

p.s. I bet the person who penned this little gem had no idea it would soon be
winging its way round the world.