re: '85 Spider Fan/Engine Mount

John,
	As the fan ages, the plastic becomes brittle and the likelihood of a
blade being slung off increases.  Happened to me at Summit Point at 6.5k
rpms - the flying blade put a dent in the hood.

	Did you check the clearance between the front engine pulley and the
front sway bar?  If you can't put your finger between the two, then new
engine mounts are needed.  Get Paul Spruell's reinforced units since you
don't want to do this job too often.

	Don't bother replacing the shroud - my '86 Spider hasn't had one for
years and the temp. remains constant all the time...even in DC's August
weather....sitting in stalled traffic on the Beltway.....sinking into
the liquefying tarmac...

	To replace the fan, you need to remove the radiator.  As mentioned in
other notes, an electric fan is very nice and you can get them
thermostatically controlled as well.  You'll need to braze a bung on to
the radiator (or have a shop do it for you) for the thermostat switch.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV