RE: devistatingly serious problem with my milano verde

Yes, my '87 Milano engine "explodes" about once every other month. It's the
plenum popping off of the intake ports. It happens regularly to me because I
have the unfortunate habit of "giving it a little gas" when I start it. About
every two months I forget and do it again.

Just the other day I did it again while starting the car inside the garage.
The report was loud enough to set off two of my neighbor's car alarms. And the
garage got a bit smoky.

Whenever it happens, I lift the hood, slam my fists down hard on the top of
the plenum and everything is fine until I do it again.

The first time it happens scares the heck out of you. I ran to the phone and
called my mechanic who immediately knew what it was.

George
'87 Milano Gold, '79 Spider
Oceanside, CA