Re: blistered lids

Daegrigg (Don) wrote:
 What is the purpose of the underhood insulation?   Is it noise reduction,
paint protection, esthetic kitsch, or some unknown (or unknowable) Alfa
rationale?
I think it is largely noise. There engine noise was a tad less buzzy when I installed the Dynamat style hood insulation on my Milano.

Of course, maybe it's there to protect the hood from the plenum when it gets blown off... As I've seen happen with hard starting Milanos.

--Mark