blistered lids

Someone mentioned the paint on the inside of their Spider's engine lid
was suffering from heat. He asked if the lid was supposed to be
insulated. The only reply I saw was a comment that it was probably due to
a poor paint job.

Well, now *I'm* curious. My '87 has original paint throughout. There was
slight blistering over the air intake/oil filler when I bought the car in
'95. I didn't think twice about it at the time; I thought it was a
byproduct of design (and it hasn't gotten much worse -- the paint, not
the design). *Is* this unusual for other Spider owners?

Tess