Re: GTV-6 stuff...

Hi All,

Not a GTV6 but my Milano is, overall reliable and not much of a money
pit. But I tend to want to change this and that, for more performance.
The engine has been the most reliable part. Blew a head gasket after
150K miles and after 2-overheat episodes, one on Highway 17 because of
a defective heater hose at the back of the head and the other was at
Thunderhill raceway due to an uncooperative fan switch connection.

The gearbox died after 100K miles of fun. The inner section of the
center casting which held some bearings chipped off and I lost 4th
gear. Also due to "OEM" parts bought for the gearbox rebuild 100K miles
prior to that. My mechanic was complaining about the parts not fitting
right and it sure showed 100K miles later.

Some minor electrical glitches and a worn out A/C compressor.

Other than that I've done some stuff which has made the car more fun to
drive.

So in some ways it is kind of a money pit, but it has been quite
enjoyable since I pay money for upgrades not to get it to drive
properly.

It's the same car that I have been driving since I first joined the
Alfa-Digest in 1994.

Regards,

Zamani
Sunnyvale, CA