re: end tube without resonator

>SNIP
>Subject: Re: End tube without resonator

>Another data point:
>I installed Bruce's end tube without resonator on my '78 Spider and loved
>it.
>I thought it was only slightly louder, but throatier.
>Unfortunately the straight end causes fume problems, on my '78, so I went
>back to the factory bent down style.
>If Bruce makes a bent-down style of tube without resonator I would buy
>another.

>Roger Hambro
>'78 Spider
>Algonquin, IL

Or just do what I am gonna do with mine, just take a hacksaw and chop off
the turned up end then buy a 5.00 chrome turned-down tip from the local auto
parts store and rivet it on (remove screw from tip and drill hole in pipe
for rivet, it keeps it from coming off). If your handy with a welder, you
could just rotate the cut off angled tip 180 degrees so that its facing down
and weld it back up. You can even do this wtih Ansas and Stebros i beleive,
as long as you dont mind cutting on them, just use one or two chrome
downturn tips in place of the straight ones.Sounds the same, and no fumes...
:)

Keith S.
73 spider