Gas cap ?

Jason,
We have three Alfa's - 67 Duetto, 69 Berlina & 71 GTV. The 67 and the 71
have the bayonet gas cap with a gasket. I replaced the tank in the 69
Berlina with a later Berlina tank which is larger - 12 gallons I think
-and it has a screw on gas cap with no gasket. It seems to work just
fine with no gasket. No leaks or fumes escape. It has enough threads
that I suspect a gasket is not necessary.
Fred Zimmermann