164 timing belt AARRGGHH

on the bright side, i stopped before i did any serious damage.

got the inner fender panels off, got the adjustor for the serpentine belt
off and cut the old belt (a general policy of mine, prevents me from
accidently reinstalling an old belt.) i cut off the old power steering cog
belt and got the bottom two covers for the timing belt off (they're in bad
shape, i have replacements for them on hand.) i'm seriously impressed by
how many of the bolts that hold the covers in place were not reinstalled by
some previous mechanic.

at this point, i hit the hitch that is causing me to fall back and regroup
-- the lower one of the two allen head bolts that fasten the crank sensor
in place is rounded. i can probably get a suitable replacement at the local
hardware store (they have a decent metric fastener section), _if_ i can get
it out. i can't get my needle nose vise grips to grab onto it firmly
enough; there's just enough room, but they're slipping off.

at this point, i just want to get it back together with the new belts and
new lower timing belt covers. however, since i cut the PS belt, i didn't
actually loosen it enough to slip the belt off, and now i can't figure out
what i need to loosen (besides the obvious allen head bolt in front) to get
the PS pump to move. can someone please tell me what i need to undo to get
it moving? (i did discover a loose bolt behind the PS pump on the bottom;
no idea how long it'd been working its way out. i've tightened, since i
suspect it's not really supposed to be loose.)

i did figure out that i needed to take the water pump pulley off to get the
cog belt for the PS pump into place, so that's removed already.

thanks in advance,
 richard