Starting a 164

My experience over the years whether in cold or hot climates for starting my 164 cars is to turn on the keyto cranck only for the very fast count to 5, instantly let go the key and it never fails me. Here is what happens, at the moment you let go of the key the engine catches because the unloaded electrical system voltage jumps back to a higher voltage sometimes while the engine is still turning. In cold weather Mobil 1 is the very best to make cranking faster with less curent --