Re: 164 timing belt AARRGGHH

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:06:37 -0500 (EST) Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided> wrote:

>> at this point, i just want to get it back together with the new belts and
> new lower timing belt covers. however, since i cut the PS belt, i didn't
> actually loosen it enough to slip the belt off, and now i can't figure
> out
> what i need to loosen (besides the obvious allen head bolt in front) to
> get
> the PS pump to move. can someone please tell me what i need to undo to
> get
> it moving?

ok, scratch that question, i found the pertinent section of the cardisc (at
last.) now i have a different question.

given that i don't have alfa special tool <mumble> on hand, and this car
needs to be running monday morning, just how do you get a 13mm wrench over
that bolt head that's buried back behind the power steering hose?

thanks,
  richard