Leaky Spider...

Cordova Ralph's suggestion is a good starting point: Make sure the two
drains for the front air intake are not plugged up and that the upper
ends are tightly attached to the drain tube. The ends are accessed from
under the dash. I don't know about Series 4 Spiders, but 1 thru 3 have
the gray plastic wire reinforced hoses with the god-awful twist type
hose clamps. Give a good pull and if they come off, first blow throw
through each hose (clean as required) and reattach with 'real' stainless
screw type hose clamps.

Bruce Gilller's comments to remove the lower stainless strip in front of
the windshield is also good. Yes 3M's Strip-Caulk is messy, but you can
make it fit into almost any nook and cranny. I would point out that the
clips are there only to hold the stainless strip on, not the windshield.
The clips are a definite source for rust to form.

If it still leaks after these 'operations', then it's quite possible the
lower corners of your windshield mount are rusted through. Unfortunately
all too common. The only real fix is a new gasket and removal of the
windshield. I personally let professional windshield guys do the job,
but should you remove the old one yourself, do as has been mentioned in
the past and simply cut around the old gasket.

Good luck,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA