re: Leaky Spider...

Brad,
	I've had this same trouble with my Spider as well.  After running the
garden hose all around the windshield seam, I found that the water was
entering along the bottom portion of the windshield.  There is a small
channel that runs the length of the windshield on the inside of the
cockpit; the water would collect here and then on a hard left or right
turn, the water would sometimes come shooting out the side of the turn.
Or the channel would just naturally drain out either end, depending on
the angle of the car when sitting.

	To remedy the situation, remove the outside chrome strip along the
lower section of the windshield after removing the wiper arms.  Under
the chrome strip you will find a row of semi-hard, semi-pliable, black
caulking.  Remove it all - watch out for metal clips under the caulking
that hold the windshield in place.  The water will wick-up on these
metal clips to get under the windshield and then drain into the small channel.

	Get some 3M Flexible strip caulk (could be that there is a better
sealant such as the stuff used for glued in windshields.  But this caulk
is easy to work with - but your hands do get covered in the stuff from
all the handling) from you local auto parts store and seal up the bottom
of the windshield.  Cover the metal clips well.  Then use the garden
hose to test your job for it is easy to miss a spot.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV