Motronic Fuel Pressure???

Fellow Alfisti,

This weekend I hooked up a fuel pressure gage just
before the fuel rail of my 90 spider (motronic) 2L. I
am seeing about 38 psi at idle, 42 psi with a quick
tap of the throttle (no load), then when accelerating
hard in 2nd and 3rd gear, the pressure drops to
between 10 and 25 psi at around 5500 rpm and the car
seems to have no more power. Are these reading normal
or suspect? Some additional information: My number 4
cylinder has only around 120 psi compression while all
the others are around 135, I replaced the main fuel
pump last year and had the head rebuilt less than 6
months ago. I intend to check inside the tank and
inspect the in-tank fuel pump. Is there a filter
screen in there? Is it possible for the in-tank pump
to work, but not work to 100%? How can I determine if
my problem lies with the regulator or the pumps?

Thank you for your replies.

Ken

90 grad
Sarasota, FL