Re: V6 AFM

I agree with almost all of what Andrew Garcia had to say except for the
cost of AUTRONIC (not autotronic by the way :-) ). The whole kit
without the wideband A/F meter will set you back about $1700 shipped,
even less without Autotune. It will take you 1/2 a day to setup.
Remember this is a KIT not just some barebone system.

Have you guys priced out the low end of the programmable EFI, like the
SDS EFI for a 6-cylinder? First of all SDS EFI looks like a good and
solid kit. But it's not capable of mapping 3D tables for ignition and
fueling. It can't log your runs and so on. For the price, it seems
fair. But still, it's not a sub $1000 system, maybe about $1500.

The Autronic kit specifically for the Alfa V6 comes with a properly
terminated wiring loom and nice new connectors. I installed my Autronic
EFI at Jess Liao's house in about 5 hours. The part that took the
longest time was installing the marker pins on the flywheel for the
hall effect sensor, about 4-5 hours to do it.

Can you get a brand new Haltech properly terminated for your Alfa V6,
with sensors and bracket for $1700? No.

Power wise, it's great. It passes emissions too.

And don't worry about maps. I can give you good baseline fuel maps
based on your logs (must have A/F ratio logged). Mapping capability is
a blessing not a curse.

Zamani
http://launch.yahoo.com/u2