V6 AFM

	Having modded many 2.5 and 3.0 in GTV6's and Milano's, here is my 2
cents on these issues.

	A larger AFM helps reduce the restriction of the stock AFM/TB combo.
It also helps improve throttle 	response. I have a larger AFM on my personal
street cars.

	The stock 2.5 injectors were also used in the 3.0. They have enough
flow for mildly modified 2.5 	engines. Really modded 3.0 need the bigger
BMW injectors.

	Headers, despite their fitment and upkeep issues, are worth an
increase in both HP and torque.

	The K&N replacement filter is not worth any power increase ( I have
dynoed this one). I use one on 	the ITS car because it is cheaper to clean
the K&N than replace.

	I dyno'ed the special BMW unit on the ITS car a few years ago and it
actually had not effect on 	power. I have not dyno tested a Zat, Sperry,
etc so no comment. On one really fast Verde we used 	some Zat boxes
because we needed a higher rev limit. The car really ran rich, but it made
over 200 hp 	at the rear wheels. The 200-210 Hp for a 2.5 was with a ECU,
AFM, Injectors, special pistons, and 	cams - this is the Groupe A race
package. I ran this setup with different cams in my 85 GTV6( before
emission testing cam to Houston). Ever down shift from 5th to 4th and have
the rear wheels break
	loose? Even  break loose the tires under acceleration after gear
upshifts? Ever see a brand new 3.0 	clutch slip right out of the box?
Ever see a 2.5 only get 12 MPG ? This is a awesome kit, but 	not very
streetable and not emission legal.  You must also use every part of the kit
to get the 	desired result. Never dynoed the car, but if was fast?

	You can use a stock Alfa air box with a larger AFM, but you must
enlarge the hole where the AFM 	enters. If done properly most people would
never notice a difference.

	A Haltech, Electromotive, Autotronic, etc, these all area better and
new injection systems, but plan 	on spending at least $2000 for these
units and countless hours setting them up. Then you realize a 	new intake
and runner would be nice, and then how about six throttles. You start on a
endless pursuit 	of better performance. Since here in Houston we have
emission testing, and for most people these 	cars are strictly street
driven, and those that track the car have rules we must take into account,
the 	options of which modifications we can perform on our cars are
limited. Does this limit how fast we 	make our cars go, not really. I am
sure that few GTV6's or Milano's can keep with the ITS car on the
street or track.

	ANDREWG
	Houston, Tx
	82 GTV6 ITS #68