Leaf Blower Makes a Nice Spider Web

I rarely have problems getting windshields for Alfa Spiders. However I
do order them well ahead of the time needed. I also order from a shop
which specializes in automotive / truck glass. Also, they come to my
shop and install.

Duetto / Round-Tail windshields are getting harder to come by, but one
should have no problem with an '85. Do these have a built in antenna? If
so, one might have to do without it and go external. The last and only
2nd time I visited the shop to pick-up a custom side glass for The
Giulietta Spider, I asked about a windshield for my '75 Alfetta GT. I
know this discussion has been around but the glass shop's book said to
use the later gasketed type and it was only available tinted (presumably
GTV6 bronze?).

When I've had windshield's replaced for the more common (not meant as an
insult) Series 2 & 3 (not sure about 4), the shop can get one in only a
few days. True, So. Cal probably has the majority of Alfa Spiders, but
they have to get the glass shipped in from somewhere.

I suggest you let your fingers do the walking a bit more. And if your
area has one, you might try using a Business-To-Business yellow pages.

If you find one and they will come to your place and install, unless
you're an absolute die-hard do-it-yourselfer, remove the old one
yourself. Don't be gentle and unless the current spidered windshield was
a recent replacement, get a new gasket. Then clean up the inevitable
rust in the corners and J-B Weld as required, grinding back down to
original contours (important). I'd also paint the inside where the glass
will go. Brushed on should be fine. Then have a beverage while watching
the professional with all the right tools and tricks put the new one in.
Lend a hand if asked, but let the guy do the main grunt work. Should it
by some chance crack during or immediately after installation, it's on
them.

Good luck,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Bet your neighbors had wished the leaf blower had died rather than your
windshield.