Leaf Blower Makes a Nice Spider Web

My '85 Spider was sitting in the garage collecting dust when I decided to clean it off with the leaf blower. This seems to work real well, until I pickup up some foreign object (crack!) and it spider webbed the windshield. I called APE and they said no dice on shipping a windshield across the country (can't guarantee it won't break in shipment). I tried (3) local glass shops (845 Poughkeepsie NY area); one looked it up and said they can't get a new windshield, one said dealer item only, and the other said good luck. There are lots of Spiders out there so I can only imagine replacements have got to be avalable from somewhere. Are there mail order shops that sell Spider windshields? or does anyone know of a Spider recycler in the NY/CT/NJ area?

Thanks,

Joe - 85 Spider