Driveline vibe

Esteemed Cross and Serpent Types:   I'm in the process of replacing the
clutch on a '78 Spider, and I had a driveline vibration, so I expected to
find the intermediate bearing worn or the Guibo torn, or the u joints all
rusty, with needle bearings in powdred form, but everything looks pretty
pristine. It seems that the vibe is most noticeable around 2500 rpm. Wes
I. drove the car and thought that some of it was clutch/flywheel
imbalance, and some of it was the driveline itself. Obviously, I'll have
anything clutch related renewed, but does anyone have any ideas about the
driveline part of the problem? The tranny bearing looks pretty new to me.
I suppose I could take the driveshaft to a driveline shop and have them
check/balance it. I would rather spend the money here and avoid repaeting
this exercise, pleasant though it may be... oh, I found out why my speedo
and reverse lights don't work- I guess one has to connect them to expect
much in the way of performance there. Please reply either on or off-list
if you have any ideas/relevant experiences. TIA, Cheers,Patrick Hood (Who
missed the club Mt Baker run this weekend to dig into this project)
Seattle-NWARC...Twin '78 Spiders, Rosso/Tan and Avorio/Black