RE: torsion bar suspension

Yes it is that easy.  I'm a qualified chequebook mechanic and I've managed
to dismantle the suspension easily.  No, nothing flies off anywhere -
assuming you have jacked the car up and put the axle stands under the axles
so that the wheels are hanging loose.  I even managed to put it back
together!  The one special tool is for removing the torsion bar from the
rear spline, but I just used gentle persuasion with steel rod and hammer.
Depending what you want to do, you may not even need to take the bar out.
If you are not doing a height adjustment  (or for gross suspension height
adjustments you can just rotate the front spline!)

Kerry
92 164 QV
76 Alfetta GT - which could do with some GTV6 torsion bars - or even your
old Giulietta ones would be an improvement!

WARNING
=======
The content of this message is intended only for the use of the person
it is addressed to and is confidential and may also be legally privileged.
If this message is not addressed to you, you must not read, use, distribute
or copy this document.  If you have received this message in error please
advise Solid Energy by return email at administrator@domain.elided
and destroy the original message.
Thankyou.