Things to know about pulling engine/trans

Hello group..

Going to squeeze several things in this one..

I'm about to pull the engine and trans on the Spider. I want to know about any gotchas and so forth that I might not be remembering or reading up on. I did do this about 20 yrs ago on a Berlina, (more room in one of those!) so I think I know the major things: drain everything, pull out radiator, pull fan (?), pull that $%# airpump and bracket (?), drop driveshaft, drop steering center link rod, disconnect all wires and cables.. Oh, don't forget the shifter lever and drain the transmission.. (my boots are gone)

I have the "Alfa Owner's Bible" and found my ancient copy of the Kenneth Ball "Giulia Owners Workshop Manual" that I did the Berlina work with.. any other references reccomended? That probably deserves another thread alone.. maybe I'll fork that off in another message..

One strange piece of information I'm looking for, is how much forward room do you need to pull out the engine and trans? I'm working in a small garage, and space is tight. The car is up on jack stands now, but probably should move a bit for more room.. I sure as hell don't want to start pulling with the rented cherry picker only to find that I'm too close to the back wall to get it out! Anyone give me an idea how much "elbow room" I need? I'll be measuring spaces and lengths to see if I can figure it out..

Any special tools that would make the job go eaiser or quicker?

Thanks..

Jon and Marcia..
77 Spider