RE: Things to know about pulling engine/trans

------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:49:26 -0700
> From: Jon Pike <jhpike@domain.elided>
> Subject: Things to know about pulling engine/trans
>
> Hello group..
>
> Going to squeeze several things in this one..
>
> I'm about to pull the engine and trans on the Spider.  I want to know
> about any gotchas and so forth that I might not be remembering or
> reading up on.

<snip>

Jon

Some people like to move the lifting hoop to the next couple of studs
forward so when you're lifting, the assembly will be tilting gbox down and
easier to clear the car. Others don't like to risk the effects of unequal
loosening/tightening those nuts.

As far as "elbow room" is concerned, I prefer to lift the whole thing clear
of the car and then push the car back.

BTW, you forgot to list "remove hood (UK = bonnet)" in your existing list.

Special tools required: a couple of buddies and some beers to keep them
"on-side".

nk

Nick Koleszar   koleszar@domain.elided
outgoing mail scanned for viruses by Norton.
1971 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 2.0
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 3.0 QV
1993 Mini
1990-ish Rotax 125cc/Gbox kart