gtv 2000 rear bumpers

my 1974 GTV currently has what my wife refers to as a "frankenbumper". it
consists of the end pieces of the bumper that was on the car when i bought
it, and a center section that rick pocock gave to me from his spares
inventory after his GTV race car was totaled quite a few years ago now.

it has holes which apparently are for license plate illumination lights,
which are unused; there is a bar containing lights over the license plate
which works, and which i presume is original.

should the center section of a 1974 GTB rear bumper be solid,  or have
these cutouts? i'm trying to figure out what is correct for this particular
car.

thanks,
  richard