Re: Bosch CSI

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Mark Denovich wrote:
> I believe all Bosch injected Alfas are either L-Jetronic (GTV6, Spider,
> Milanos) or Motronic (164, later models.)   The L-Jetronic systems are
> not "chippable", but aren't fully analog either.   Replacement ECUs are
> availible, modifications made by changing internal resistor values and
> possibly other mods.  No one has published a how-to, and starting from
> scratch would probably involve a lot of trial and error.
>
> The end result is that L-jetronic systems are a bit of a dead end as far
> as modifications go.   You can tweak them a bit with larger AFMs and
> maybe higher fuel pressure, but that's about it.

Not entirely so.  Some time ago, a Finn with too much time on his hands
published a web page detailing a nearly complete reverse engineering
of the L-Jet analog ECU (one out of a 2.0 Alfa, even).  You'll need
some background in electronics to make use of this, but there's enough
data there to modify your own ECU, if you're sufficiently adventurous.
The Finn's own page doesn't appear to be up anymore, but others have
mirrored it.  Search for 'L-Jet mods'.  One page I know has the right
data is:

  http://users.exis.net/~audserv/mods.html

james montebello