Re: Bosch CSI

I believe all Bosch injected Alfas are either L-Jetronic (GTV6, Spider, Milanos) or Motronic (164, later models.) The L-Jetronic systems are not "chippable", but aren't fully analog either. Replacement ECUs are availible, modifications made by changing internal resistor values and possibly other mods. No one has published a how-to, and starting from scratch would probably involve a lot of trial and error.

The end result is that L-jetronic systems are a bit of a dead end as far as modifications go. You can tweak them a bit with larger AFMs and maybe higher fuel pressure, but that's about it.

--Mark

Lawrence.Gowin@domain.elided wrote:

Which injection systems are used on Milanos? A friend of mine has an 88
Carrera with the Bosch CSI setup. He mentioned getting a chip for this, but
it is my understanding that the control modules of that time were still
analog. Alfa was using a Bosch system at that time that to my understanding
was analog. It wasn't until the 164 that it went digital. Were there
analog and digital Bosch systems at that time? Am I completely off base?