The Amazing Shrinking Fuel Tank

After a two year nap my '84 Spider is back on the road, albeit with a slight
problem.  I can only draw about 130 miles worth of fuel out of the tank before
the car "runs out" of gas.  Top off the tank and away we go.

This problem might be related to the (faulty) installation of a new primary
fuel pump just before other mechanical maladies forced the car off the road a
couple of years back.  I don't remember if I drove her more than 130 miles
before coasting into the garage for an extended stay.

I'm going to dig into this shortly.  Any suggestions as to root cause?

In the meantime, if you see a poor sap gassing up a pasta yellow Spider in KC,
honk and wave.

Thanks all,

- Brad
Supporting the Middle East, four gallons at a time