Re: The Amazing Shrinking Fuel Tank

I had a 1979 Spider which had a small feeder fuel pump mounted in the tank.
It was attached to the output line via a short segment of rubber hose --
pressed on with no clamps!

When I picked up the car from the body shop after being rear ended it
exhibited the same symptoms you describe: running out of gas at half a tank
or more. It turned out that the force of the wreck had knocked the little
in-tank pump loose.

The little pump is part of the sender assembly and is accessible through the
trunk. Most cars which have been fitted with the pump have a sticker on the
inside of the glove box lid which looks like some hieroglyphics.

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA

ps. - Help me buy my Milano Verde a new clutch!
      Search eBay for seller ejham_2001.
      More 164 parts added today in 5-day auctions. Bid often!