long trip

In a message dated 6/19/2002 9:09:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Later this week, I'll be driving a 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2500kms west and
> driving a 1973 Porsche 911 2500kms back east.  I think I need to have my
> head examined.
>
> So my question is, what should I pack for the trip?  My list so far:
>
> 1) Fuses
> 2) Fan belt
> 3) Jumper cables
> 4) Pliers, vice grips and misc. screwdrivers
> 5) Adjustable wrenches
> 6) AAA card
> 7) Cell phone
> 8) Credit card
> 9) Can of instant spare
> 10) Flashlight with extra batteries
>
> Anything else Alfa specific?  Should I bother bringing sockets or
> wrenches?  If so, what sizes?
>
> Both cars have been thoroughly checked over and are in a fine state of
> tune.

I can't contribute anything of value concerning your fine Teutonic machinery,
but as for the Alfa, in my experience they always like long trips and plenty
of attention the best and it is unlikely anything will go wrong.  Expect a
great drive.

But to set your mind at ease, you may want to pack a metric tool kit and fuel
filters.

Buon voyaggio!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA