RE: long trip

> But to set your mind at ease, you may want to pack a metric tool
> kit and fuel filters.

Good advice, I'd like to expand a little bit based on my experience of many
cross country trips in old, wretched Alfas.

I'd go lighter on the tools and pack hard to find parts that, if they let go
on you, are liable to cause grief and delays.  You can always buy or borrow
tools and buy motor oil and antifreeze, but try to find a water pump on a
Saturday morning.  Something like that goes and you're stuck until the
following Tuesday at the earliest.

Depending on how much the car has been driven, and what the service history
of any of the following items has been, I might pack belts, hoses, water
pump, wheel bearings, ...

I'd make a similar list for the Porsche.

Have fun,

bs