RE: Optima Batteries

My wife used to work for the Gates Battery division that made the Optima's and
I was able to get them cheap. They certainly seemed to have a longer life and
then standard batteries and I still have one in my 69 Spider Jr. that is at
least 8 years old and going strong. However Gates sold off the battery
business years ago and I can't vouch for the current versions.  I vaguely
remember that they used a dry cell technology so that you could also mount
them in any orientation including upside down.

Mitch Wolberg,
Denver, CO
69 Spider Jr.
69 Berlina