RE: Brake pads?

--- Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:
> > Of your top 10 brake pad list??? I didn't get one
> of them.
>
> It was Lord of The Rings humor - Frodo, Ferodo..

Brian Shorey's right, of course -- and since several
people have written to me off-digest with variations
on "huh???", I should add that I had no intention of
poking fun at George's innocent typo.  It's just that
I must have been warped from having read all the books
pretty much every year from the time I was 14 or so
till I graduated from college (and have revisited them
once or twice since, at least in part).

For those who haven't read the books or seen the movie
-- nevermind.  At least I tried to make it
Alfa-related.  (Consensus from Tolkienisti is that
casting Fred Di Matteo as Gandalf -- the wisest and
most powerful wizard on the side of the forces of Good
-- was the best part of the whole list.  I just hope
Fred doesn't turn me into a toad and fill the garden
full of grass snakes... :-)

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.