Re: Optima batteries

funny you should ask...

i have a red top optima.  it's just as heavy, if not
heavier than a standard battery.  and it only lasted
about a year before it died on me and wouldn't take a
charge, or start my spider.

granted, i found that the radio in the spider pulls
some current, even with the unit out, and i'm sure
that slowly killed it.  but i was still less than
impressed.

but to optima's credit they replaced the battery free
of charge.  i have since installed one of those green
quick-disconnect knobs, and disconnect it when i'm not
using the car daily (most of the time).  that should
prolong the life a bit i hope.

i'd say the best feature of the battery is that it can
be mounted sideways, and i intend to try to shove it
in the trunk one of these days.

honestly, i'm not convinced it's worth the premium.
the yellow top might be a different story, i'll leave
that for others to debate.

cheers,
ian lomax

http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/