Optima batteries

I'm interested in an Optima battery, specifically the yellow topped one
which I believe is intended for infrequent use.

They advertise as being light weight and as having a long life.

My brother is in the battery business, and can get me an Optima battery,
however he tells me that the part about the long life is marketing crap.
According to him, an Optima battery will last a couple of years, no more.

What has been people experiences with these things?  I'm looking at cars
that may be driven every couple of weeks, or less frequently.

Tia,

bs