New member & new projects

Unnh, Ahmet, just visited your supercharged GTV site.

While I have only a good handful of Alfa related books, have never seen
an installation of a supercharger on a 4-cylinder Alfa engine.

Have seen pictures of oil pressure 'powered' turbocharged engines, the
four replaced with a V-8 Alfa engine, and have seen in person a V-6
engine in a Spider.

Not an engineer, but have always felt the design of the Alfa 4-cylinder
lent itself to supercharging. The four can be made to accelerate pretty
darn well at the higher end if one has done a lot of work with cams,
etc. However, in my not so humble opinion, they're all pretty much dogs
off the line.

Can't help but believe your supercharged GTV overcomes this 'situation'.

Pray tell:

Did Stewart do all of the R & D?

Whose supercharger are you using?

Most especially, what is the means / method of getting fuel into the
cylinders? Please go in to as much detail as possible.

What pistons and rods are you using and what is the compression ratio?

How much boost does this system generate?

Did you have to lower the engine to accommodate the intercooler?

Who did all of the custom fabricating if it wasn't Stewart?

**********

A fairly minor but extremely important item: Have to give high praise to
whoever fabricated the oil dipstick location / bracket.

May I add I give you extremely high marks for not going to Stupid
Extremes of totally gutting everything in the engine bay and installing
something like Mustang (or?) components OR installing Major Stupid
Really Wide Tires (although I can't see the rears in your pictures but
assume they're in keeping with the fronts).

*********

Now that'sa one spicy meatball,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA