re: Linea Rossa? Comments? Mid-Atlantic sources?

Jeffrey Olson JeffreyOlson@domain.elided wrote:

>Just received a small first order ahead of schedule from
>Linea Rossa in Florida.
>
>Very good service and prices!...  ...Any comments?

I sourced a bunch of odds and ends from Linea Rossa last year (steering
knuckles, a door panel, some rubber seals, etc.).  I had a good experience
with Olaf too, he called because something would be back ordered, and then
followed up with several e-mails to keep me posted on the status of the late
part.  Even here to the left coast it only took 4 days UPS as I recall.

This winter I've been tithing to Centerline regularly, and can only say good
things about them.  Good service, good prices, Nick has spent quite a bit of
time with me on the phone answering questions, offering advice and helping me
sort out options.

My experience with IAP has been mixed.  I ordered door seals from them, and
got 2 passenger door seals instead of one for each side, although one of them
was labeled as driver's side.  The person I talked to about the return was
pretty skeptical about my ability to tell the one from the other.  I also
ordered their replacement seal channels, which are aluminum (or for the
non-Yanks, spelt aluminium) instead of steel, and I had to drill quite a few
new holes, the pre-drilled holes either didn't line up or placed the seal out
of contact with the window.  Other parts I've ordered from them have been OK.
Their prices seem about average to me.

We're a bit spoiled (spoilt) here in Portland, with Tonkin Gran Turismo, a
former Alfa dealer and factory parts source, as well as Veloce Motors and
Nasko's all right in town.  I know the Seattle area is similarly blessed with
Ferrari of Seattle and good shops in Bellevue and Tacoma, not to mention Wes
Ingram!

Tony
Portland, OR
74 GTV